Friday, January 22, 2010

This is your time to help.



More than 130 of Hollywood's biggest stars rally today Friday (January 22) for "Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief" telethon, airing across numerous networks.

Organizer George Clooney told MTV News on Thursday that the ultimate goal of the telethon is to raise money. "That's it ... just first and foremost that we can raise a lot of money," he said. "If I thought that we could all pick up shovels and go in there and not be in the way, I think a lot of people would do that."

There are many ways viewers can contribute to the telethon. Donations can be made online at HopeForHaitiNow.org, over the phone by calling (877) 99-HAITI, by texting the word "GIVE" to 50555 or by mail addressed to Hope for Haiti Now Fund, Entertainment Industry Foundation, 1201 West 5th St., Suite T-700, Los Angeles, CA, 90017.

Among the artists slated to perform for the event: Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Coldplay plus a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z.

100% of funds raised will go towards relief efforts in Haiti and there are NO backend costs. Additionally, the Entertainment Industry Foundation has waived all administrative fees.

A massive, 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti near the capital of Port-au-Prince on Tuesday, January 12th. The damage to buildings is extensive and the number of injured or dead is estimated to be over 100,000.

Your gift will help rush emergency supplies to survivors of this catastrophe. Your gift now will help distribute life-saving relief supplies including food, clean water, blankets, medical supplies and tents to children and families devastated by the earthquake and aftershocks in Haiti.




I guess you don't need it
I guess you don't want me to repeat it
But everything I have to give I'll give to you
It's not like we planned it
You tried to stay, but you could not stand it
To see me shut down slow
As though it was an easy thing to do

Listen when
All of this around us'll fall over
I tell you what we're gonna do
You will shelter me my love
And I will shelter you
I will shelter you

I left you heartbroken, but not until those very words were spoken
Has anybody ever made such a fool out of you
It's hard to believe it
Even as my eyes do see it
The very things that make you live are killing you
Listen when all of this around us'll fall over
I tell you what we're gonna do

You will shelter me my love
I will shelter you
Listen when
All of this around us'll fall over
I tell you what we're gonnado

You will shelter me my love
I will shelter you
If you shelter me too
I will shelter you
I will shelter you

0 comments: